The Medina County Schools’ Educational Service Center assists the Local Professional Development Committees (LPDC’s) with the maintenance and administration of certificated personnel files with regard to certification/licensure. This is accomplished by:
Staff Members Responsible:
- Maintaining an electronic database that manages district building information, staff information, professional development plans, teacher credentials, and staff development courses and registration. The database provides tracking of activities related to the completion of the individual professional development plans. It also allows LPDC’s to review, critique, and approve submitted professional development plans.
- Maintaining original hard copy files of all material included in the electronic file.
- Maintaining strict security on both the electronic and hard copy files.
- Allowing Web-based access for educators to their professional development plans so that educators will be able to:
- Receive automatic notification on the status of expiring credentials;
- View credential information, such as issue and expiration date;
- Create and submit annual professional development plans;
- Propose professional development activities for credit;
- View their course and activity participation; and
- Browse an electronic course catalog, check course availability, and register for courses.
Cari Wiley — Personnel Secretary
Denise Valerio — Director of Technology Services