The Medina County Schools’ Educational Service Center assists districts in the certification and yearly health physicals required for all bus and van drivers. To complete this service, the MCSESC:
- Arranges and schedules a location, physician, and appropriate nurse(s) to conduct the annual physicals required for each bus driver in the participating districts. The ESC covers all expenses related to the location and medical staff necessary to provide physicals for bus drivers in the local districts.
- Arranges and schedules a location and physician to conduct van driver physicals for the four local Medina County school districts.
- Notifies each superintendent and the district’s transportation director regarding the schedule, location, and guidelines for the physicals. A map and physical forms are included in the notice.
- Schedules physicals and assigns a staff member to be present for all scheduled physicals to confirm that all materials are present and correct.
- Submits and reviews all criminal background checks for bus drivers.
- Reviews all driver abstracts and checks for violation of point limits as stated in code and policy.
- Maintains a file on each driver with regard to certification and required documents.
- Provides Bus Driver Certificates, has them signed by the president of the ESC’s Governing Board, and mails appropriate copies to each district.
- Provides follow-up notification regarding any driver who has not completed all required portions of the certification process.
- Coordinates and conducts Medina County Transportation Directors’ meetings.
- Assists the Medina County transportation directors in coordinating an All- County In-Service for bus drivers.
Staff Members Responsible:
Mike Redfern - Regional Pre-Service Instructor
April Johnson - Supervisor of Transportation Services
Lisa West - Transportation Secretary