The Ohio Department of Health requires the following for Grades 7-12:One (1) dose of Tdap vaccine must be administered prior to entry.
The Ohio Revised Code (ORC) 3313.67 and 3313.671 indicate that schools are responsible for ensuring that students who enroll in school have immunizations required by ODH. The statute also states that schools are to keep records of the immunizations.
- Pupils who received one dose of Tdap as part of the initial series are not required to receive another dose.
- Tdap can be given regardless of the interval since the last Tetanus- or diphtheria-toxoid containing vaccine.
- DTaP given to patients age 7 or older can be counted as valid for the one-time Tdap dose.
One (1) dose of meningococcal (serogroup A, C, W, and Y) vaccine must be administered prior to entry.
Two (2) doses of meningococcal (serogroup A, C, W, and Y) vaccine must be administered prior to entry.
- Recommended MCV4 minimum interval of at least eight (8) weeks between dose one (1) and dose two (2).
- If the first dose of MCV4 was administered on or after the 16th birthday, a second dose is not required.
- If a pupil is in 12th grade and is 15 years of age or younger, only one (1) dose is required.
- Currently, there are no school entry requirements for meningococcal B vaccine.
For more information, call the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) Immunization Program hotline at (800) 282-0546.