The 2023 Medina County Fair Honors Ensembles performed in concert at noon in the pavilion at the Fairgrounds on Thursday, August 3. More than 200 students participated in the ensembles.
According to Michael McClintock, coordinator of the ensembles, “The students and staff alike were excited to come to rehearsal each day to prepare for the performances. It is so great to see the county music students and music teachers come together for the importance of the musical arts in our communities throughout our great county.”
The Elementary Honors Choir featured the following vocal soloists:
- Positoovity (from “A Little Mermaid”)
- Group 1—Alex Camargo (Highland Granger Elementary), Allison McMahon (Black River Elementary), Jake Miller (Highland Granger Elementary), and Tyler Zolensky (Medina Blake Elementary)
- Group 2—Audrey Brown (Medina Waite Elementary), Meghan Cawley (Cloverleaf Elementary), McKenna Felton (Highland Hinckley Elementary), and Amelia Tishman (Highland Hinckley Elementary)
- Group 3—Peyton Englehart (Medina Northrop Elementary), Eleanor Fiala (Highland Hinckley Elementary), Elise Gutzky (Buckeye Intermediate), Ruby Owings (Medina Heritage Elementary), and Aria Thomas (Buckeye Intermediate)
- Group 4—William Fiala, Hunter Merrick, Andrew Nary, and Easton Randolph (all from Highland Hinckley Elementary)
- Group 5—Sofia Bernardia (Cloverleaf Elementary), Noa Chandler (Cloverleaf Elementary), Makayla Fodor (Cloverleaf Elementary), Riley Johnson (Cloverleaf Elementary), and Ava Pietrangelo (Medina Blake Elementary)
Featured vocal soloists in the Youth Honors Choir were the following:
Wyatt Franks (Buckeye High School), Gen Killian (Highland Middle School), Natalie Miller (Highland Middle School), Grace Urda (Medina Blake Elementary), and Isaac Woofter (Buckeye High School)
- Proud Corazon (from “Coco”)
Aria Bentley (Buckeye Jr. High School), Clinton Breeden (Medina Root Middle School), and Cadence Heaton (Highland High School)
Nathan Rudolph and Louis Rispoli conducted the honors band. Pamela Haberkorn, Michael McClintock, and Alison MacDonald conducted the elementary and youth choirs; Emily Miller served as choir accompanist. Valerie Roman conducted the orchestra. The honors ensembles were under the supervision of Michael McClintock, Fair Honors Ensembles Coordinator for the Educational Service Center of Medina County.
Rehearsal facilities were provided by the Medina United Methodist Church. Sound equipment was provided by the Medina County Agricultural Society Board. Event sponsors are as follows:
- Farmers Savings Bank
- Kiwanis Club of Medina
- Medina County Agricultural Society
- Medina County Federal Credit Union
- Medina Sunrise Rotary Club
- Royalton Music Center
- Homer B. Smith
- USA Custom Apparel
To view or download the program, click here.
This event was coordinated by the Educational Service Center of Medina County and hosted by the Medina County Fair Board.