Home education is when the parent takes the responsibility of educating his/her child. Notification for homeschooling is required each school year that the child is home educated. The rule governing homeschooling is Ohio Administrative Code 3301-34, Excuses From Compulsory Attendance for Home Education.
Home education notification for the Buckeye and Highland Local School Districts in Medina County is processed through the Educational Service Center of Medina County. This includes the following:
- Receiving the notification material from home education parents and maintaining files for each homeschooling family.
- Notifying parents if documentation is still needed in order to comply with state rules.
- Notifying parents when compliance with state rules is met and that their child(ren) is excused from public school attendance.
- Providing a list of home educated children to the district of residence.
- Notifying local districts of student/parent non-compliance with home education rules and regulations.
Staff Members Responsible:
Robert Hlasko — Superintendent
Victoria Griffith — Administrative Assistant